January 6 2021
January 5 2021
- 16 ounces dry spaghetti noodles
- salt, to taste
- 4-1/2 cups water
- 1 (25 oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
- Break the dry spaghetti noodles into halves or thirds, so that they will easily fit into the Instant Pot. Add them to the pot in a crisscross manner, so that they won’t stick together and clump as they cook.
- Add a teaspoon of salt at this point, too, so the noodles will have a little extra flavor as they cook.
- Pour the water over the noodles, then pour the jar of spaghetti sauce on top of that, covering as much of the top layer of noodles as you can.
- Secure the lid, and move the steam release valve to Seal. Use the Pressure Cook button on your machine to cook at high pressure for 3 minutes. It will take roughly 10-15 minutes to come to pressure, so when the floating valve in the lid pops up, that’s when the cooking countdown will begin.
- When the cooking is complete, allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes. Move the steam release valve to Vent to release the remaining pressure. When the floating valve in the lid drops, it’s safe to remove the lid.
- Stir the spaghetti, mixing the sauce throughout evenly. Season to taste, and serve warm. Don’t forget the garlic bread.