Crispy Potato Roast
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled
- ½ to 1 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine butter and oil.
- Brush bottom of a round 9-inch baking dish with some butter mixture.
- With a sharp knife or mandoline, slice potatoes very thinly crosswise.
- Arrange potato slices vertically in dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and red-pepper flakes; brush with remaining butter mixture.
- Bake 2 hours until potatoes are cooked through with a crisp top.