Braised Baby Potatoes
- 1 lb baby Yukon Gold Potatoes
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock (not broth)
- 1-2 TBSP butter
- Place the potatoes in a skillet (roughly to fit all the potatoes) and season them with salt & pepper.
- Add chicken stock to the pan, until chicken stock is about ½ the way up the potatoes.
- Add the butter.
- Cover the skillet and cook on medium to medium-high heat until they are almost tender, about 8 minutes.
- Remove the lid and allow the stock to evaporate, about another 5 minutes.
- Once the stock has evaporated, press down on each potato with a ladle or large spoon, creating a small crack in each. Do not mash.
- Cook for a couple of minutes, and then flip.
- Allow them to brown on both sides, about another 5 minutes.
- Re-season with salt & pepper if necessary.